Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

CSMX Results & Blog Focus

Your CSMX Winners

This is a bit late but nonetheless, the tenth Council of Stellar Management has been elected with Sugar Kyle and Manfred Sideous winning permanent seats this year. I'm happy to see Sugar win a permanent seat after all of the work that she put into CSM9, so I'm very confident in her abilities moving into an important year for CCP.

As expected, there are a lot of null-sec winners. I count 8 (9 if Corbexx moving to the GSF counts) null-sec candidates, leaving 5-6 non null-sec people on the board. Wormhole space only has one real CSM member (Corbexx). I don't particularly consider Chance Ravine to be a wormhole candidate. He's more of a marketing/ YouTube/ exploration guy. If wormholers are lucky, Chance will represent lower-class wormholes. If not, we only get one this year. That's unfortunate, considering that Ariete (from SSC) was also a contender. Some people think that standing next to Corbexx left Ariete in the shadows. I think that Ariete was a name that I did not really associate with wormholes prior to the CSMX election campaign. If he wants to be successful next year, he will need to really get his face out there more often.

Corbexx deciding to join the GSF in the wake of news about NOHO disbanding left many wormholers feeling that they had been betrayed. It seems to me that many people refuse to vote for someone representing the Goons, regardless of their area of expertise. This is particularly interesting as prior to joining the GSF, Corbexx was touted as a workhorse wormhole candidate who performed well on CSM9. Corbexx joining the GSF does come as a surprise to me, but I'm not immediately writing him off. I endorsed him as my number one pick for CSMX and that was based on hard data and his past performance. I won't change my mind simply because his corporation ticker is switching, but I'll be expecting him to perform as well as he did on CSM9 for the wormhole community.

In other news, posts to my blog have been few and far between. Part of this has been to reduced game time, meaning I just don't have any stories to tell. But I've been thinking of focusing on posting more market analysis posts. I received a lot of attention on my PLEX Prices post after being linked on EVE News 24. As a professional economist with a specialty in trade, I'm incredibly capable of studying markets to analyze trends and forecast the future direction that the market might take. This is an area of interest to me, obviously, but it also might be interesting to others who are industrialists or traders. So, as of now, I will take requests for analysis for any good that you would like more information on. I'll find time to do the analysis and post the results on my blog. You can leave a comment here, email me or catch me on Twitter at @JeffKione.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about corbexx. He needed a place to park his main while he plays on his alt in a C4 plus flitting around in other alts checking things out. Him getting along with Sion so well on CSM probably influenced the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally not concerned about corbexx, but there are a large number of people in the wormhole community who are based on who I've been talking to. I think he's just as capable now of representing WHs as he was a few weeks ago before the announcement. This is assuming the GSF won't try to push him to act in a way that suits them, of course.

    ReplyDelete