Pages

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pioneering in W-Space: Part 2

This is a re-post of my blog from the EVE University forums to catch you up with what I've been doing.

---

I logged on this evening to check on my PI. My cycle was up and I created 860 P1 products that, at current Jita prices, would sell for around 315,000 isk, not taking into consideration the taxes required to export from my command center. As I mentioned in the first post, using the POCO surrounding my planet is impossible because the corporation that owns it has set the tax rate to 100%. From what I have read, the tax rate is 15% of the taxable value, which is 60 for a P1 product. Based on this, the actual value of my products is around 308,000 isk, which is still respectable. At this rate, I could gain 9.5 million isk per month. A fair start, but I know I can do more. I plan to reinvest my earnings into upgrading my command center so that I can support more factories and extractors so I can grow my little PI empire. I've started another 24 hour cycle and will check back tomorrow.

Speaking of all of these calculations, I have started putting together a PI spreadsheet so that I can keep track of the value of my PI goods. Right now it's very rudimentary. However, I plan to expand it using EVE-Central's API to keep the prices updated and I also want to incorporate a sheet to determine if it's more profitable to try P0->P2 production. Once I get this sheet to look presentable, I'll be more than happy to share it in this thread.

In other news, d-scan picked up a Mobile Tractor Unit somewhere within the max range of the scan near my safe spot. I noticed as well on EveEye that there were a few dozen NPC kills today, meaning that someone (other than me) has been ratting in the WH. I can't be certain if this is someone who came in from the HS static, or perhaps another WH rolled a C1 static that happened to be the one I'm living in. Until my Cloaking skill finishes training, I can't stay around uncloaked long enough to scan for WHs.

Additionally, until my Cloaking skill finishes, I don't feel safe rushing off into k-space to try to sell my commodities. This will have to wait until tomorrow. I will certainly share my experience on my first trip to the market, perhaps tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment