Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pioneering in W-Space: Part 8

It seems like my arrangement with the new residents of the wormhole might be short lived. It seems that the new residents killed someone from an alliance and as a result, ended up being camped for days on end. I was even advised not to enter the wormhole, although I had never left. Some of their towers are no longer showing up on my d-scan, so I'm left wondering whether they left with their tails between their legs and just haven't let me know.

Interestingly, the person I was living in here with prior to the new people moving in had no issues with other people. Perhaps this is because the purpose of his corp was industrial operations only, and you don't make waves when you aren't blowing up ships of kids who apparently take it personally and proceed to camp you for days.

I've read conflicting reports on how industrial corporations are dealt with in w-space. I hear a lot that some corporations take offense if another wormhole corp doesn't put up a fight. To some, even offering a 1v1 is better than sitting in your POS and waiting for the incoming connection to collapse. I have read stories of people evicting corporations that won't offer up a good fight, because a lack of content in wormhole space can sometimes be a problem. This is especially true if you end up with bad connections or chains.

Wormhole life as an industrial corporation can be quiet if you don't make waves or annoying, depending on your luck with connections. But it certainly can be lucrative, as certain arrays can only be anchored in 0.4 and lower security space.

A few days ago I received an EVE mail from someone who has been reading my blog. He has a corporation in a C1 with good PI planets and is doing reactions and is looking to start up a second reaction tower, along with a drug lab. The idea is that I'd be able to help him with sourcing the gas in known space, get it transported to the static, and help with ferrying it in. Eventually as we worked together longer, I'd gain the necessary permissions to have more control over the POS, including being responsible for fuel and babysitting the reactions. It seems to me that this is a good way to start learning reactions, as the individual is willing to front the capital (in terms of the POS, fuel, initial gas, etc) while I help with logistics. This will be the second learning opportunity to come from someone who has read my blog, and hopefully we will be able to move forward with this. I expect the next Pioneering in W-Space blog post to have more information on this endeavour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment